Santander and BetterPoints offer free cycle rides in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
30 June 2017
25 April 2017
Come along to one of the following free, fun two hour sessions and build your skills while earning rewards.
Collect 5,000 BetterPoints for coming to a session – that's enough for a £5 gift voucher!
This session will help brush up basic skills such as turning, braking and emergency braking, signalling and most importantly, looking behind. It includes an introduction to cycling on roads.
Suitable for all ages (over 16) and does not involve strenuous cycling!
This session will help develop on-road cycling skills, you will learn more about road positioning, communicating with other road-users and try out various junction manoeuvres and how to improve your safety in traffic.
This course is designed to cover what every cyclist needs to know about maintaining your bike. Starting with how to do a safety check and bike fit through to how to repair punctures and change a tyre, an overview of gears and brakes, cleaning and lubrication and other simple maintenance tips that will keep your bike running for longer!
Here are the sessions available.
|Women's Festival of Cycling Fun Ride||Mon 24th July||17.00-19.00||Palmer Park - meet by the ReadyBike stand|
|Women's Festival of Cycling Fun Ride||Thurs 28th July||17.00-19.00||Rivermead Leisure Centre - meet by the ReadyBike stand|
If you're interested in joining in on one of the sessions email us.
Remember to register for BetterPoints so we can transfer the points at your session and use the app to get points every time you cycle.
What you need to know in advance
- Book a space 24 hours in advance to be kept up to date on any changes
- For a FREE bike check please arrive 15 minutes ahead of the advertised start time (cycling sessions)
- Free Readybike hire is available for cycling sessions if needed – must be booked in advance
- Helmets are recommended but they are not compulsory.
- Prior booking is essential
- To receive 5000 BetterPoints must download the app on your phone and register in advance of the course
- Bring your phone with you to scan in and receive the 5,000 BetterPoints
- Participants must be 18 years or older (14-18 can attend but must be accompanied by an adult)
These sessions are run by Avanti Cycling Instructors