The jewellery quarter
Octavius Learning and Development Partnership
BetterPoints and Octavius are working together to offer volunteers at the partnership the opportunity to earn BetterPoints that can be used towards further training costs. If you are part of other BetterPoints programmes in Birmingham or across the UK you can also donate your BetterPoints to Octavius.
Octavius has in depth experience of applied research and social studies using their knowledge to engage with learners and communities with locally delivered accredited training workshops , personalised courses and modern e-learning techniques . Through experience and research, we know that our support, learner needs analysis, skill audits and assessments lead to higher achievement, retention and learner confidence.
We are developing good relationships with national and local organisation's to ensure learners can move on to meaningful careers and higher qualifications, these include:
• Our awarding bodies NOCN and OCNWMR with whom we are an ‘investors in diversity’ champion centre
• Benson School Community Centre, with whom we are a community partner on the Families and Schools Together (FAST ) programme
• South City College Birmingham (SCCB) and Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) with whom we are working to guide women into careers in construction
• SOHO Community First ,who have funded our training workshops aimed at residents 'preparing to be a good tenant and neighbour'
• Birmingham big top neighbourhood watch
• ATHAC CIC with whom we are developing 'basic repairs and maintenance skills required to look after a home'
• Local faith groups, housing organisations and contractors.
Our tutors and contributors are highly qualified and experienced people, who work in their respective fields, bringing up to date and current working knowledge . They receive training in safeguarding and are CRB checked. Many of our workshops are held at local community venues, a sensitive cultural, gender and socio-economic approach to learning.
Octavius Learning and Development Partnership is a limited partnership registered with companies house no 160805. OLDP Community Interest Company is a 'not for profit' CIC registered with companie house no : 9996574